Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My New Blog Portal

I came across a site called Feedcluster.com and I find it great. FeedCluster.com provides free hosting of community aggregators or blog portals. Community aggregators provide easy access to blogs by a community that is interested in a specific topic. The site is so interesting that I finally created my own aggregator and submitted my blog to the page where the topic is related to the topic of my blog. You can also submit your blog to my new aggregator. If you will be successful aggregators, it can be a major source of blog traffic. There are also aggregator widgets you can put on webpages. If entry click through the aggregator page or through widgets, it will count toward entry popularity.


Now, you might wondering how is the popular entries in the FeedCluster.com works? The FeedCluster.com service periodically selects aggregator entries that are "popular" and shows them on the FeedCluster.com home page. A new entry may appear as often as every 30 minutes. An entry is considered popular primarily based on (valid) clicks it receives in FeedCluster.com aggregators or aggregator widgets. FeedCluster.com selects entries that are popular in relation to other entries in the same aggregator. There are a couple successful community aggregators already that are hosted by FeedCluster.com.