Monday, October 12, 2009

Boyzone Stephen Gately Passed Away

One of the member of Irish Band, Boyzone's Stephen Gately, 33, passed away last Saturday while having vacation with his partner Andrew Cowles, 32 in Majorca, Spain.

According to Britain news, the cause of his death remain unclear but it was reported that he died after a night out. Investigators said the singer was discovered in a crouching position in his pajamas.

Boyzone manager Louis Walsh told the newspaper: "We're all absolutely devastated." "I'm in complete shock. I was only with him on Monday at an awards ceremony. We don't know much about what's happened yet... He was a great man."

Boyzone lead singer Ronan Keating was "completely distraught", the News of the World said, and former Irish prime minister Bertie Ahern paid tribute to Gately, whom he knew, on the BBC's Andrew Marr show."The Gatelys are in my own constituency. I know the family, I know Stephen.


In news reports today it was reported that the man who found Stephen Gately's body is Georgi Petrov Dochev. Dochev met Stephen and Andrew in a gay club "Black Cat" in Palma. He has broken his silence after a local newspaper made the sensational claim that he was in bed with Andrew when Stephen died.

He said that he woke up to find the Boyzone singer dead after a night partying with him and husband Andy Cowles.

'I found Stephen dead and I woke his husband. Stephen was white and very cold when I found him. I am still nervous and really upset.'

Stephen Gately's former bandmate from Boyzone Ronan Keating, Keith Duffy, Shane Lynch and Mikey Graham flew to Majorca on a private jet on Sunday evening. They remain in the island today to wait for the autopsy results.